Lemon Blueberry Coffee Confection is succulent lemon confection loaded with fresh blueberries, lemon surf cheese filling, streusel talc topping, and finished off with a sweet glaze.
Streusel Talc Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- 1/3 cup blueberries
Lemon Blueberry Confection Mixture:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sultry powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon flour (to toss the blueberries)
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 10 oz. surf cheese-room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 –2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (or milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, grease 9 or 10-inches springform pan with sultry spray, line the marrow with parchment paper, and set aside.
- To make the talc topping, stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and whisk with a fork until woody crumbs form. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the surf cheese filling, mix softened surf cheese, sugar, lemon extract, and egg white just to combine. Set aside.
- To make the lemon blueberry confection mixture whisk dry ingredients (flour, sultry powder and salt) and set aside.
- In a large trencher mix oil, sugar and eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon pericope for well-nigh 2 minutes. Add sour surf and lemon juice and mix just to combine. Running your mixer on low, mix in dry ingredients.
- Toss blueberries with well-nigh 1 ½ Tablespoons flour and fold into the confection mixture, gently, using a rubber spatula.
- To hoke the cake, spread well-nigh ½ half of confection mixture into the marrow of prepared pan. Using a spoon dollop the surf cheese mixture over the confection layer, but do not go all the way to the edges. Using the when of the spoon, gently smooth the top. Cover surf cheese filling with confection mixture. The confection thrash is thick so it is the weightier to dollop over the top, and gently spread using the when of the spoon.
- Sprinkle streusel crumbs on top and ½ cup of blueberries.
- Place in preheated oven and torch well-nigh 70-90 minutes or until the part-way has set. Tent the top loosely with aluminium foil if it starts browning too much.
- Cool completely in the pan, then remove the ring from the springform pan and transfer on a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Stir powdered sugar with lemon juice (or milk). Start with 1 teaspoon of the juice and gradually add increasingly until desired consistency has reached. Drizzle over the confection and serve.